Boys Varsity Soccer
Congrats to those players that were named to the team this year. Varsity players, team managers, and trainers need to go to the following link to complete the contact information form ASAP!
The boys soccer team has joined the Twitter Universe!
For the latest and most up-to-date info on tryouts/practices/games, check us out @KRunBoysSoccer
There will be indoor soccer for 9th and 10th graders ONLY on Tuesday, 2/18 from 3-4:30. Any 9th or 10th grader planning to tryout on the 24th is highly encouraged to attend.
First day of tryouts will be Monday, February 24 th after school. Keep in mind that this is a ½ day of school. Tryouts will run 12-3 on that day.
Tuesday thru Friday tryouts/practices will run 3 to approximately 5:30 each day. Players are to be dressed and ready to begin at 3 pm on the practice field.
Varsity tryouts will go three (3) days while JV tryouts will run 3-5 days. All Juniors, Seniors, and returning Varsity players will tryout with Varsity. All Freshman and Sophomores will tryout with JV. From here, coaching staff will determine if any JV participants will be looked at for Varsity consideration.
What you need:
- VHSL physical form on file
- If you played a fall or winter sport, you are good to go
- Physical must have taken place after May of 2018 to be valid
- If you do not have a physical, YOU CANNOT TRYOUT!!
- Concussion impact testing
- All Juniors and Freshman must take this, as well as anyone new to Kettle Run
- If you participated in a fall or winter sport, you should have already completed the testing
- Impact testing dates and times are:
- Tuesday thru Thursday (2/18-2/20) -- meet in commons by 3 pm
- Submitted rules form (parent and players required). The rules form can be found at this web address… https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScA3djvVLRV_ba9ngIE4cp3Ek80aQ6Mq0LWEPUBY7srGHefcQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
- Cleats, running shoes, and shin guards
- Warm clothing
- light and dark colors
- If the weather is cold, do not show up in shorts and a t-shirt -- you will not be permitted to tryout until you are dressed weather appropriate
- Positive attitude
- Conditioning -- players will be expected to be "in-shape" at the time of tryouts. Players not "in-shape" will have a decreased chance of making the team and/or minimal playing time if on the team until they are "in-shape".
- showing up out-of-shape will increase risk of injury
PARENT MEETING: The spring season parent meeting will be held on Wednesday, 2/19 @ 6 pm in the auditorium. The parent meeting will be an opportunity to go over rules, expectations, and any questions players/parents may have about the upcoming season. Please make every effort to attend if you have a player that will be trying out (highly recommended).