Boys Varsity Soccer
First day of tryouts will be Monday, February 18th after school. Players are to be dressed and ready to begin at 3 pm on the practice field.
Tryouts will run 3-5:30 each day.
Varsity tryouts will go three (3) days while JV tryouts will run 3-5 days.
All Juniors, Seniors, and returning Varsity players will tryout with Varsity. All Freshman and Sophomores will tryout with JV. From here, coaching staff will determine if any JV participants will be looked at for Varsity consideration.
What you need:
- VHSL physical form on file
- If you played a fall or winter sport, you are good to go
- Physical must have taken place after May of 2018 to be valid
- If you do not have a physical, YOU CANNOT TRYOUT!!
- Concussion impact testing
- All Juniors and Freshman must take this, as well as anyone new to Kettle Run
- If you participated in a fall or winter sport, you should have already completed the testing
- See bottom for Impact testing times!
- Submitted rules form (parent and players required). The rules form can be found on the kettlerunsports.org website or go to this web address:
- Cleats, running shoes, and shin guards
- Warm clothing
- Light and dark colors
- If the weather is cold, do not show up in shorts and t-shirt – you will not be permitted to try out until you are dressed weather appropriate
- Positive attitude
- Conditioning – players will be expected to be “in-shape” at time of tryouts. Players not “in-shape” will have a decreased chance of making the team and/or minimal playing time if on the team until they are “in-shape”.
- Showing up out-of-shape will increase risk of injury
There will be a parent meeting held at Kettle Run HS prior to the start of spring tryouts. Date and time is TBD. Check back for updates. This will be an opportunity to go over rules, expectations, and any questions you may have about the upcoming season. Please take time to attend if you are available.
Impact Testing Dates:
Impact testing will begin on Monday Feb 11th. All freshman, juniors, and new students who plan on playing a spring sport MUST have an impact test completed prior to tryouts.
Testing will take place after school Monday (Feb 11th) through Wednesday (Feb 13th). Plan on meeting in the commons area at 3:00. The test will take approximately 30-45 minutes to complete.