Girls Varsity Softball
Thank you for your interest in the Kettle Run softball program. Below is information regarding tryouts:
Softball tryouts will begin Monday, February 22nd from 3:00-5:00p. Prospective student-athletes will receive further details at tryouts regarding the postings of teams/cuts.
Tryouts will begin at 3:00p sharp. Any visits to the athletic trainer, car, locker room, etc. MUST be done before tryouts begin. If you arrive late, you will not be permitted to try out.
- All students trying out must have a VHSL Physical Form, Concussion Forms, and a Baseline Concussion Test.
- Come prepared for both indoor AND outdoor tryouts EACH DAY (see attire below)
- The location of tryouts (whether inside or outside) will be stated on the AFTERNOON announcements each day. Listen to the afternoon announcements each day.
- If outside, meet on the warning track of the softball field at 3:00p sharp.
- Inside, meet in the auxiliary gym at 3:00p sharp.
- Tennis shoes
- Suitable for running both outdoors and indoors
- Proper attire for outdoor tryouts
- Bring extra layers of clothing each day; be prepared for cold weather
- Proper attire for sliding
- Bring high socks, pants, compression shorts, sliding pads, etc. (whatever you need to slide comfortably) EACH DAY
- Any additional equipment you use (bat, batting gloves, catcher’s gear, etc.). Bats, helmets and catcher’s gear will be provided as well.
Student Pick Up:
- Parents should be at the KRHS bus loop no later than 5:30pm to pick up prospective student-athletes.
Come ready to work hard – positive attitudes, good leadership, strong work ethic, and great teamwork is necessary.
Thank you and looking forward to the 2016 season!
ALL Softball Players and Parents
There will be a parent/player meeting as soon as both teams have been decided to discuss the code of conduct and answer questions.